May 25, 2010

Random Tune Therapy for Tuesday 5/25/10

So another season of IDOL ends this week, and so does this limited series of Tune Therapy. And what a long, strange trip it's been.

[DISCLAIMER: I've never voted and I have AT&T on my wireless device. So just like the majority of Americans who bitch about politics but never make it to the polls, I'll claim my birthright to complain about this season regardless.]

Ryan got a touch of the Paulas and came across a little overworked and imbalanced ... Ellen was always earnest but wasn't always funny ... Randy and Kara became even more marginalized with their inability to provide new and different insight each week ... Simon got soft ... and then there was the talent. Mind you, they all sound better than me screaming along to the CD in the U-haul last week, but nearly everyone in the top four was just an iteration of a past contestant: Big Mike was just Rueben Studdard with a little more personality, a new baby and a musical theatre inclination; Lee is just Daughtry with more controlled facial hair; Casey was the country Jason Castro; and Crystal -- well she was unique to anyone who hasn't ridden a subway and been entertained by those performers.

I'm not saying I'm not going to watch the finale (and, in the end, I'm thinking hometown hero Lee is whom I want to win), but I also think I'll be more excited for the fall 2011 release of Simon's new show, the British theme song for which is provided below as the therapeutic statement on dealing with all of season 9:

X-FACTOR THEME SONG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK4TYZQkSnc

No comments:

Post a Comment