May 11, 2010

Random Tune Therapy for Tuesday 5/11/10

First, let me just say that my "grandmother" Joanne, who passed this past fall, would have almost certainly have said to me in our weekly phone calls that "she would stop watching the show if that little boy Aaron Kelly was voted off by America". She was so fond of lost souls, as that's how she found me [I miss you and those calls] ...

Second, let me just say that Casey James' version of Blue Skies from last week's episode (sorry I'm posting after the new top 4 show has already aired -- a situation created by the fact that I've spent a few long days at work as I prepare for a vacation later this week and the fact that I don't watch until Wednesday so I can do back to back performance/results shows) was just painful to watch. Instead, I offer up Ella Fitzgerald scatting her way through that classic as a therapeutic replacement for that memory.

ELLA SCAT BLUE SKIES:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6EldSFwOI

No comments:

Post a Comment