March 10, 2010

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 3/10/10

"Oh my gravy!"


Used in a sentence: "Oh my gravy!"


It's a stand-alone exclamation used in every other sentence from one of my favorite teams on the current season's Amazing Race -- Jet and Cord, the cowboys. [I'd like them even more if Jet were named Rip or A-roy.] As someone who's been "good grief"-ing or "good gravy"-ing myself for the last few years, I giggle every time it slips out as they deal with a challenge that is out-of-sorts to them -- which is just about every one (except for the recent roping of the steer-hay-bale). If they get eliminated, then I'll have to start routing for the brother team -- one gay, one straight -- mostly because, from what I observe, their orientation seems to be pretty interchangeable (not to advance age-old stereotypes). Oh my gravy, there's a reason this show is so Emmy-able!

No comments:

Post a Comment