March 11, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 3/11/10

Dear Creator/Darwin (I'm too tired to choose sides tonight), as the weather warms and my thoughts turn to spring and all of the beautiful things that exist in the world, I'd like to take a quick moment to thank you, GreaterBeing/Nature, for the variety that you give us in our lives. For instance, there's so many different kinds of vomit in this world -- which must speak to your creativity and sense of humor. Whether it's the regurgitated mac-n-cheese that I remember sliding down the wall next to the bed of my youth that ruined the race track I kept stored underneath, the Old Faithful like removal of bile every 15-20 minutes from when I imbibed too much Southern Comfort in college, the gentle baby-like spit-up mid-conversation in Mexico as I sampled various tequilas, the violent retching that makes my voice all Kathleen Turner-like the next day when I forget to partake of food before-hand, the dark dark liquid that has stained a spot or two in various dwellings from when I'm Guinness binge drinking ... thank you for the unpredictability of reverse peristalsis that makes my life exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment