March 6, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/6/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but as IDOL theme week comes to a close, let me just say, "Mr. Seacrest, you did not originate the concept of the 'beat' as dramatic pause, and you are close to being banned from using it further as you continue to disrespect this oratory effect." THIS ... ... ... ... is my RANDOM post for today. Between that and the Jersey-Shore-visiting Guidos and Guidettes already doing their part to "beat up the beat" on the dance floor, it's time we gave those notions some protection. And while we're at it, Mr. Nigel Lythgoe -- stop rehearsing the kids for your inevitable summer tour with those horrible group performances on elimination night shows. The only redeemable thing about the top 20 singing "I Got a Feelin'" the other night was that it allowed us to laugh at the kids with no rhythm as they participated in a choregraphed routine that was pretty much just walking around the stage with some manufactured ill-placed swagger. [It's not like last year where we always on pins and needles to see how creatively the visually impaired singer would be incorporated, and if anyone would forget to watch out for him.] I can't be the only one in 30 million with these opinions, so think of the overall numbers who might boycott a show if you don't fix things! [And, of course, by boycott, I mean that I'll still DVR every episode but continue to take pride in the fact that I've never voted.]

No comments:

Post a Comment