February 3, 2010

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 2/3/10

Acinetobacter.

Used in a sentence: "I like big words and I cannot lie ... You other brothas can't deny ... When a multisyllabic utterance ambles by, I get ... sprung." Oops -- got distracted. But to that point, I did get ... um ... excited ... when I saw that "Ramanan Laxminarayan... announced that Staph and Swine Flu hysteria could be replaced with concerns about catching the drug resistant bug (to the powerful antibiotic imipenem) called Acinetobacter."

If you find yourself in a hospital, be careful! And always be on the lookout for catching antidisestablishmentarianism! OMG Becky!

http://www.extendingthecure.org/publication/increasing-resistance-acinetobacter-species-imipenem-united-states-hospitals-1999¬タモ2006

No comments:

Post a Comment