February 14, 2010

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 2/14/10

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Look who's throwing a tantrum now -- I mean, look who's proposed a new negotiating tactic in the latest labor dispute at public transit behemoth CTA. The latest maneuver is to have drivers FOLLOW THE RULES as written, which equates to not going faster than 35 MPH, to not running red lights, to not leaving stops before people have been seated, etc. This, they say, will lead to a slowdown because ... no one follows the rules now. At the risk of sounding like I'm ranting on a soapbox (I try to limit myself to one of those episodes a week for the sake of my weak heart), are you really threatening us by saying that you might actually follow safety rules if you don't get your way!?!

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/02/cta-union-president-threatens-slowdown-if-cuts-not-restored.html

No comments:

Post a Comment