January 4, 2010

Random Memorial for Monday 1/4/10

Gone but not forgotten: Quantum Leap.

Internet issues last evening precluded me from mentioning this classic NBC show on time -- with link for a drinking game -- featuring Scott Bakula (now part of the ensemble on Men of a Certain Age, a show on TNT that I found over the holiday break). What was it about this dramedy -- the satisfaction of a yearning to set things right? the ever present Forrest Gump-ian shout-outs to history? the never-ending need to creatively one-up itself for each leap? the finale that hinted at a bartender God? Whatever it was, it was always playing late at night in syndication when I lived in the Greentree townhouse and was one of the last things my friends and I would view back in the day.

Quantum Leap, you will be missed.

http://www.finifter.com/quantum-leap/information/drinking-game.html

No comments:

Post a Comment