October 7, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 10/7/12

What Chicago is talking about this week:

It's fall!  And it finally feels like it!!  How else do I know?  Here are 10 reasons ...

1.)  A la Glenn Frey ... the heat is on.
2.)  It's time to plan a trip to the apple orchards for some unpasteurized pure apple cider that may or may not give you the squirts after drinking it (but it tastes so seasonally good)!
3.)  It's post-season baseball time (well ... it is in other cities, just not in Chitown where the Cubs lost its 100th game on the same night that the Sox were booted from the playoffs).
4.)  My TimeOut Chicago summer 2012 pull out guide to festivals has no more festivals listed after 10.7.12 and can now be discarded.
5.)  My favorite grocery store is starting to caramelize apples LIVE while you shop.
6.)  I'm craving pumpkin flavored whoopie pies made from authentic Amish folk.
7.)  I now have to wear clothes whilst working from home and can no longer accomplish most tasks topless in my boxer shorts (thankfully, my team doesn't do video chat that often).
8.)  People are starting to think about Halloween costumes (me -- I'm expecting a few Clint Eastwood/empty chair combos -- send pics to me if this post inspires you to do so).
9.)  The marathon's being run a few blocks away (good luck to all participating) -- and I suspect that folks are happier with this 40 degree weather instead of the high 80's it's had recently.
10.)  Because, as announced in the semester I was abroad so many years ago -- "it smells like fall out!".  And yes, that statement was immediately followed by ... "How do you know what fallout smells like?" because nuclear apocalyptic humor CAN be funny in the right setting.

BUT HEY -- 100 IS A NICE ROUND NUMBER, NO?:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cubs-lose-100-games-first-time-46-years-133245461--mlb.html

GIVING CREDIT FOR THE PIC -- AS PROVIDED BY GOOGLE FROM THIS SITE:
http://singlesmingleblog.com/archives/1091/

PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIE RECIPES (MAYBE?) ARE ON HERE (I THINK?):
http://www.oasisnewsfeatures.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment