April 18, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 4/18/12



Intergalactic Nonsense Status Week 2012



Used in a sentence: "I participated last year (see post from 6/22/11) in my college friend's Facebook event (apparently moved up a few months this year, maybe to make sure we got our nonsense out before the seriousness of the impending apocalypse) ... and I will do so again now that it is time for Intergalactic Nonsense Status Week 2012".



I'm debating "what to wear" to that party though ...



Idea 1: "Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe ... all mimsey were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe."



PRO: It's a classic.

CON: I referenced it last year, and it's clearly not an original, and it sets the bar rather high.



Idea 2: "Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”



PRO: It fits the definition of nonsense.

CON: It's not always polite to bring up politics at a party, and now that Santorum's dropped out, maybe this quote of his is now passe.



Idea 3: "Send me crops." or "Here's a picture of what I'm eating." or "I need help with a mob job." or "Checked in to my house."



PRO: These old chestnuts are so ubiquitous (and relatively uninspired), that they have faded into Facebook as the equivalent of white noise nonsense.

CON: I wouldn't want to offend anyone who regularly informs the world that they made it home or that they are about to eat or that they are addicted to social media games, since many of them are my Facebook connections.



Idea 4: I could just re-post any of my usual daily items.



PRO: I've been told that they are often nonsensical to most, so they might fit the bill.

CON: The last person who complained about my status updates inspired me to write one of my longest Soapbox Saturday rants -- and I don't want have to feel obligated to block myself after the dust has settled.



Idea 5: "Adios. This is not the deal. That is not the year of the Twain. It is, instead, the almanac for the hills. So be sure to open up, recycle often, wear glasses and get addicted, as the Hardy Boys could quite possibly rock out on Thursday in the hospital. PANIC!"



PRO: That seems to fit what others have been saying at this event.

CON: I can't think of any (beyond the obvious that non-participators might start the paperwork to have me committed) ... so idea 5 will be my post for Intergalactic Nonsense Status Week 2012.



IT's A PARTY:




THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY WEBSITES DEDICATED TO HORRIBLE THINGS HE'S SAID:




REMOVING PESKY NOTICES AND OTHER FACEBOOK TIPS:

No comments:

Post a Comment