April 17, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 4/17/12

If it is Tuesday and it is April 2012 (and, by the way, at the time of this posting ... it is both of those things ...), then it is time for me to pick another tune that I think is "creepier than intended". And, with Jimmy Fallon involved, it may be that this one is "creepier as intended". I first referenced it back on 9/27/11 when I had picked a different tune from Pearl Jam (it's the only fan club to which I belong in my middle age -- the annual fee is worth it for the holiday song on vinyl and the great seats when they come to town in concert) ... and if you haven't seen Eddie Vedder join said Fallon to interpret this protest song about the BP oil spill and the subsequent tar balls that floated to shore in the Gulf ... then you just might not get it. But, creepy or not, it sure is damn catchy (as these boys who added their version to the youtube can surely attest). I often find myself breaking into this tune at inappropriate times:

DON'T SWIM IN THE OCEAN ... OR YOU'LL GET BALLS IN YOUR MOUTH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLWtECZRnSk

No comments:

Post a Comment