April 19, 2012

Random Thought for Thursday 4/19/12



[Just one more of these, and then I'll put this concept to rest for a bit ...]


ONLY IN CHICAGO ... can I have a completely different cultural experience depending on to which 7-11 I choose to walk. They may all sell USA Todays and Slurpees, but I can visit the Pacific Rim if I walk to the one next to Wrigley, or the Middle East if I amble toward the one at the end of the block on Waveland, or to Nigeria if I find myself halfway down Halsted. [Although, to be fair, I was in that one the other day, and the vibe was less Jamaica and more halfway-house-on-probation-just-got-a-job.]


Viva the cultural variety that this city provides!


OH THANK HEAVEN!:



A DIFFERENT SEARCH RESULT FOR 7-11 CHICAGO:



A DIFFERENT CELEBRATION OF CHICAGO'S CULTURAL DIVERSITY:

No comments:

Post a Comment