December 30, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 12/30/16

And I shall end the year looking back at the one from twenty years ago in the same manner as I often do ... with photos that my bio-mom sent me in my Christmas card that year (that year being 1996, for those of you who struggle with the math).

Seeing as how our family was (and still is) scattered across the country, this was her way of keeping us apprised of the activities of the nieces and nephews out west with her -- and by nieces and nephews, I mean my sister Holly's kids Ashlyn M (she with the Barbie travellin' house) and Nicholas (he with the unknown item that clearly is requiring ALL of his concentration to open).

So ends this 1996 photo album on the Facebook ... here's to photos from 1997 appearing in a fortnight (because I will continue to alternate these kind of pictures with the special series of "photos I inherited from my father" on alternating Fridays).

Happy New Year (whether this one we're currently in OR a belated greeting for the one that started two decades ago to which we'll be flashing back soon enough ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment