November 29, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/29/16

Another cassette in the trash!

This time, it's the third album from the late Whitney Houston that's being discarded ... but only because I also have the CD in the music collection ... and that makes sense since so many of these that are doubled up in storage in that way are from the late 80's and early 90's.

As for which tune I'm choosing to feature, it will be the one that was stuck in my head for days after listening to the CD recently ('cause I don't make the decision to actually get rid of the cassette until after I've played the CD through to make sure it's fully functioning).

For some reason, after knowing how her life played out, the innocence of her rediscovering love again in 'After We Make Love' was the way I wanted to remember her -- and I couldn't get the haunting refrain out of my head about how "all that matters is right here and now."

FROM HER INNOCENT DAYS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5feP2zdEDc

No comments:

Post a Comment