November 5, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/5/16

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... that's *exactly* what I'm going to do.

And not just for one Saturday out of the month like I normally do to balance out all the other weeks when I rant, but seeing as how it is November and all, I'm going to rave every week for the next five in order to honor this season of gratitude.

Over on the Facebook, I'm doing it daily ... and on Saturdays, I'll compile my thoughts for the week so that they are recorded for the blog -- in case I ever have a day where I feel like complaining, and then I can pull up my list and remember to appreciate what I have.  To whit:

NOV 1 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for CROSSING GUARDS. Now that I'm walking in the morning *before* work (and biking on my lunch break [so long as I don't have a flat tire]), I'm on the same schedule as the school kids, which means I get assistance getting through the big intersections. And they smile and say hello and good morning to me just like I'm back in school. Here's to the happy people keeping the world a little safer.

NOV 2 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for the CUBS. For the dozen or so years lived in Chicago, half of them were spent a spit and a holler away from Wrigley. As such, I know full well what is happening in my former hometown tonight. And talk about hanging in there and perpetrating a comeback -- inspiration for us all!

NOV 3 --  Today, I am THANKFUL for the neighbor's BOUGAINVILLEA, 'cause it adds a pop of color in the corner of the yard, where it has grown over the fence and into our space. But I'm okay with that, because otherwise the yard is a bunch of green and brown -- perfectly fine for earth colors and all, but still. Mind you, if the butterfly bushes (one red, one blue) could keep their blooms for any length of time (the butterflies here are voracious eaters), then it would be a different story. Until that happens though, it's the neighbor's BOUGAINVILLEA or nothing!

NOV 4 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for a little FUNK music. Partly because it is so ironically named (nothing will get you *out* of a funk than a little bit of funk), partly because I love me a horn section, and partly because I was catching up on this season's SNLs and got to the one where Bruno Mars was the musical guest.

NOV 5 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for weekend MOVIE TIME. For awhile now, I've been doing superhero movies on Saturdays ... and for a shorter amount of time, Stephen King movies/miniseries on Sundays. The movies/miniseries are great in their own right, but it's the cuddling up on the couch with the lights out, the volume cranked up to 50 and both puppies snuggled in on either side that makes the activity the best.

THE CHICAGO RIVER JUST GOT A TON OF THOSE TIDYBOWL THINGS IN IT:
https://flightstightsandmovienights.com/review-index/the-list/

SPEAKING OF A LITTLE FUNK:
http://www.billboard.com/photos/7511389/best-funk-songs-of-all-time-dance-music/1

UM ... I'M GOING TO NEED A FEW MORE SATURDAYS:
https://flightstightsandmovienights.com/review-index/the-list/

No comments:

Post a Comment