September 18, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 19


In ONLY 19 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #19:  fighting to get my cumulative GPA back above 3.0.

And ... although the struggle was real (albeit that phrase wasn't in popular use back then), I can report (and document) that I succeeded.

If you've been following along (or if you knew me back then), you know/knew that my college career started in 89, included a semester studying abroad, was interrupted by a year off to pursue theatre in western PA ... and also had a mad finish with some bonus classes -- Linguistics with the famous Dr. D in the summer of '94, Biology in the fall of that year to meet liberal arts requirements and a special internship that same bonus semester (with PSERS in Harrisburg).

Spoiler alert -- I was back at LVC for a few MORE semesters at the end of the decade, but for now and for this place in the story/countdown, I was well on my way to actually (and finally) graduating -- with a GPA I had rehabilitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment