August 3, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 65


In 65 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #65:  serving on the Budget Priorities Committee.

I've previously shared how fond I was of President Synodinos, and tonight I get to mention that my appreciation for LVC leadership extended to Deborah F as well.  I got to work with her by representing the student population on a group comprised of individuals who served to advise on where to place priorities on the budget (hence the name of the committee).

It was an honor to serve ... especially with my unique situation of putting myself through private school on the strength of a leadership scholarship, a few grants, lots of loans and working multiple jobs to cover the rest.

Looking back, I probably should have used my "power" to insist on more bacon in the cafeteria ... but instead ... I did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment