August 19, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 49


In 49 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #49:  IN MEMORIAM:  Ray Muller.

Shortly after starting this countdown, and over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, I did a few posts of people from my LVC days who had passed.  This post belonged there, but until I located the "missing" folders this week, I had forgotten all of the sad sad details about Ray's death (a robbery gone bad at a NJ McDonald's where he was working to make money to go to seminary).

That being said, Ray was actually pictured in this series once before ... because he was part of the cast of 'The House of Blue Leaves', my first college play that set me on my path back then.  That's Ray in the upper left hand corner of the cast shots in memory 144.

The tribute to this clown (literally ... he did clowning as part of a campus group that performed to cheer up all kinds of audiences) included this quote from his mother at the viewing:  "We don't want any crying ... if Ray were here, he'd call us all wimps."  No crying ... in honor of a man who lived his life to make other smile, any way he could.

No comments:

Post a Comment