August 20, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 48


In 48 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #48:  enjoying the political cartoon stylings of classmate Natalie M.

(Natalie is currently an artist out of Philly, and I'm hoping that I can post these two cartoons on the interwebs in this series without any issues.  I do own these copies of La Vie Collegienne, so I'm hoping that helps my legal standing to reproduce them in this manner.)

As you can probably tell from her drawings, LVC wasn't exactly going to appear on any top "party school" lists of that era (who knows what havoc is wreaked in modern times).

Natalie wasn't afraid to tell a little truth back then (and I know from the Facebook that she still holds true to that mantra).  We all were just lucky enough to get to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment