June 19, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 110


In 110 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #110: the official record of my freshperson year.

Ok ... I think I'm *finally* read to close the books on my first year of college (fall '89/spring '90).  And that can only be done by providing the "score" for those two semesters.  

A few notes:  that American Government I class will REappear on this list later, because there was a policy where you could re-take a class if you stopped going because it was at 9am three days a week and you suddenly had a college social life such that 9am three days a week was better spent sleeping in AND there should have been a few more classes in the spring semester, but there was also a policy where you could withdraw by a certain date and no one would be the wiser.

Finally ... it was easy to be a straight A student in high school when book-learnin' was all you did.  College turned the tables on that premise ... because there was a whole lot more goin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment