June 20, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 109


In 109 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #109: the collect-the-Kölsch mission.

Funny thing ... my *third* semester at LVC wasn't at LVC at all ... but was 3,877 miles away ... in Cologne, Germany.  But because it was a school sponsored study abroad program, it counted just like any regular semester, and all the classes I took and all the grades I got became a part of my official transcript.

That being said, there were some other activities that an 18 year old in a foreign land could do to occupy his time after school ... including the search for a "deckel" representing each of the brands of the special Cologne beer -- the Kölsch.  

By my count (and excluding a few of these on the edges that were from other trips -- Berlin and Trier, specifically), I succeeded in finding 20 of them (maybe 21 depending on that OberPaffgen one).  Mind you, I don't think that was a COMPLETE set ... but that's just a reason to go back again some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment