June 27, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 102


In 102 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #102:  Dr. Scott tracking me down from halfway across the world to tell me *this* news.

Specifically that, despite being an American student in (then West) Germany, I'd have to find my way to a German doctor to get an emergency hepatitis shot.

You see, prior to my departure, I was a McEmployee, and when a McCoWorker got himself Mcsick -- very sick -- the alert went out in my hometown for anyone to get inoculated who ate certain burgers during a certain timeframe ... or anyone who worked next to that same worker.

Lucky for me, that was the extent of my risk, and the shot did its job ... but I do have to wonder now what the host family thought about the dirty dirty American living in their house ...

No comments:

Post a Comment