June 28, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 101


In 101 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #101:  mail call in Deutschland!

All things considered, I probably could have displayed one hundred and one pieces of mail ... but instead, to create tonight's image, I just focused on a few items I found in my November 1990 correspondence folder.  

The point being -- one of the great things about being overseas back in the day before email, is that people who loved me demonstrated that they did so by spending money on airmail/international post.  This collection includes items from family members, good friends from high school, Hebron church folk and my LVC classmates who were missing me and filling me in on what I was missing.  And some of them even included some much needed cash for me to convert to Deutsche Marks (this was before the euro).

I won't call favorites ... but I will call attention to Holly F's opening line:  "Well Downtown Lebanon burned to the ground" (and it had ... the HACC fire of '90 ... plus she went on to explain how our friend Jenn G was on the scene taking pictures) AND to Stace G's multi-page collection of quotes from the Honors class that I was missing (but not really, because she made me feel as if I was in attendance).

No comments:

Post a Comment