May 24, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/24/16

Recently, I got to watch the Eurovision contest finale (it was aired on US TV for the first time ever this year) ... and once I got over the SNL-skit-ness of it all, it was rather enjoyable.

(There's a whole hour after the performances of checking in with each and every country [including some that I don't think I learned in high school geography twenty five years ago] where everyone practices their English in awkward exchanges as they report scores.)

Apparently, the contest has been around forever (it was started to try to rally the war torn countries around a unifying distraction) ... and although this entry didn't win, the Russian multi-media presentation was something to be seen (even if this video was filmed a little too close to the action and missed some of the spectacularity of it all).  Had I voting rights (Americans could watch, but couldn't participate), I might have just texted/tweeted/called in for Sergey's entry ...

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING, IT'S GETTING EXCITING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x238oxBxg2E

No comments:

Post a Comment