May 19, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 141


In 141 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #141:  "my" press releases.

In yet another sign of exactly how old I am, look at this quaint practice circa 1989 -- individual press releases for students and their hometown newspapers touting their participation in special programs.  Of course, not that I'm complaining.  I was a runaway with no parental financial support looking for a college education -- were it not for the Presidential Leadership Awards (a scholarship program of that era), there would have been absolutely no way I could have matriculated at a small private liberal arts school.

Of course, whether these blurbs ever appeared in the Lebanon Daily News that fall, that I just don't know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment