May 29, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 131


In 131 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #131:  IN MEMORIAM:  Alyssa Joy Neidermyer.

Wrapping up my mini-set of "in memoriam"s for Memorial Day weekend, it turns out that I wasn't the only Neidermyer to attend LVC.  My father's brother's son's daughter (my first cousin, once removed) was also attending my alma-mater in the mid-naughts.

However, tragedy struck and she was killed in a car crash on the way home from class.  My family is a bit scattered all over the corners of the earth ... so I was shocked by the news, which I learned from reading the summer 2005 edition of the alum news 'The Valley' (archived online in the image).  After all, I had moved across the country to Chicago at that time, and just simply wasn't in the loop.

She is missed by family members, and forever remembered as a life gone too soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment