March 18, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 3/18/16

It's the sixth set of photos I inherited when my father passed ... and we're still in the black and white, undated phase.  Tonight's theme:  people in funny clothes.

Well, funny to me now early in this century ... but probably on point for the time frame in which they were taken.

The good news ... unlike many that aren't marked, a few of these are (although not the Dickensian waif in the lead picture) and I'm secretly hoping that the one with the train (which looks to me like the Harrisburg waterfront) is indeed my dad (who took to toy trains as his hobby as an adult).  Apologies in advance for the last one, which is tiny and just didn't come across very clearly.

Here they are:

#26 - unknown child dressed as a Dickensian waif

#27 - the photo says Buddy, Evelyn and Junior (which would be my dad and two of his siblings)
#28 - based on #27, this should be Evelyn (my dad's sister)
#29 - a boy in a leather trench coat (?) possibly my dad possibly in Harrisburg on the Susquehanna
#30 - ladies in long coats and new boots -- don't know who and don't know where













No comments:

Post a Comment