January 8, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 1/8/16

I'm excited to announce another yet change to the blog for the new year ... happening on every *other* Friday.

Instead of flashing back to 1996 on those days (which is my usual shtick, re-telling stories of my life with the perspective gained from the passing of two decades ... and which *will* continue on the *alternate* Fridays), I'll be sharing five photos that I inherited from my father.

Ralph Eugene Neidermyer Sr passed away on Jan 5 of 2013, and a few weeks later, I got my share of the family photos that he had acquired in his nearly ninety years of living.  The challenge, though, is that not all are marked ... some are marked  but I suspect they are incorrect ... and a lot of family history has already been lost, just because we weren't the type of family to sit around and tell stories.  And, as you'll soon see, not all photos are of the highest quality.

Since my blog links to the Facebook, I'm hoping that relatives can fill in any blanks every other week when five more are uploaded.  And I'm starting with the ones that look the oldest ... which means a bunch of black and white pics for the weeks ahead.

Here are the first five to kick off the series:

#1 - baby in a buggy:  marked as Bud (my father's nickname) on porch of a house that is in the background of a lot of the kiddie photos; if so, he was born in 1923

#2 - baby in a chair:  unmarked ... not sure if that's the same house?

#3 - woman holding child:  unmarked ... is this my grandma and my dad (or one of his siblings?)


 #4 - boys in old timey pants:  unmarked ... my dad and/or a brother or two ... blond boy on right reminds me of Uncle Carl's kids ... maybe my dad is on the left?

#5 - chubby boy in snow:  marked Ralph; same house in the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment