November 17, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/17/15

More discarded cassettes for my ongoing series ... and the start of a string of ones from the same band (because, once upon a time, I think I thought I'd start replacing my cassettes with CDs and I must have started at the beginning of the alphabet).

Or in other words, it's an Aerosmith album (well, album on cassette), that hits the trash can today seeing as how I also have the CD version of the classic 'Pump' with its "trucks-getting-frisky" cover art.  Released in the fall of 1989, it makes sense that it's part of my personal collection seeing how I was also "released" in the spring of that year.

As for the tune chosen to feature off this album for tonight's post ... I'm going to bypass some of the more obvious choices and the videos I remember watching on the MTV back when the MTV played videos ... and go for the song that starts in such a way that I always pictured some old wise man sitting out on a porch in the summertime in a rocking chair (pun pretty much intended) passing on his words of wisdom to the youths:  'Don't Get Mad, Get Even'!

SLEEPIN' WITH THE DOGS AND YOU WAKE UP WITH THE FLEAS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrezMzVC6MI


No comments:

Post a Comment