November 7, 2015

Random Posting for Penn State 11/7/15

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  Well *that* was a fourth quarter from which you couldn't look away.
2.)  In a match up of "well-rested" versus "*still* hasn't had a bye week", it looks like "well-rested" wins out.
3.)  On the bright side, that's another first quarter in the record books where we didn't let the opponent score.
4.)  On the not so bright side, sorry for that interception, HACKENBERG ... that was a really good run though.
5.)  I saw the temp was 50 degrees and windy ... which made me homesick for Chitown a bit, seeing as how 50 degrees was the trigger point as to whether the windows were opened or not.
6.)  Speaking of which ... if nothing else, the game provided a lot of photos of places I've been (hey ... I know that lighthouse!  and that giant lake!) ...
7.)  Dear announcermen, you said "thread the needle" so much today that I almost thought I was watching Project Runway.
8.)  Call me old-fashioned, but I think there should be a rule that if your hair is so long that it covers the name on your jersey (for those teams that print names on jerseys, that is), then you should be disqualified from the football.
9.)  Although, I can't lie, Northwestern's VITALE could probably get a hair shampoo/conditioner commercial if he wanted to.

And in closing, thanks to Coplay PA for giving us SAQUON (admittedly, I grew up in central PA and had to go google it to find out where it was) ... and here's to a week off to recover and recuperate and recharge so that we can be well-rested before the last two back to back Michigan games of the season.

THAT STRETCH WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION *WAS* A GREAT RUN:
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/psu/mc-penn-state-football-northwestern-preview-2-20151105-story.html

CALL ME OLD FASHIONED, BUT THESE BOYS SHOULD GET THEIR HAIR DONE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/10/08/redskins-matt-jones-explains-what-it-feels-like-to-be-tackled-by-your-hair/

THE TOWN THAT GAVE US SAQUON (I HAD TO GOOGLE WHERE IT WAS IN PA):
http://www.coplayborough.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment