November 13, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 11/13/15

So ... a quick break from my normal construct in that this photo is NOT actually from twenty years ago in 1995.

But since today is World Pancreatic Cancer Day, it seemed on point to post this picture again in honor of JoAnn Dearth, my surrogate grandmother, who died of this disease ... but only after living for many years after she was supposed to, courtesy of a special modified Whipple surgery (and a quality of life that included taking dozens of enzyme pills during that time).

In her memory, here is the link for today's event:  http://www.worldpancreaticcancerday.org/

Besides, for my own purposes, I want to keep her memory front and center as she's part of something special I have planned to launch in 2016 (to be continued ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment