October 27, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/27/15

Courtesy of a recent PBS special on-demand called 'Back Into the Wild' ... which, interestingly enough, seemed to be more like an hour long commercial promoting competing books that were written by the estranged parents of AND the siblings and half-siblings of the main character from the original 'Into the Wild' movie ... I was reminded how much I enjoy the Eddie Vedder solo work in that film's soundtrack.

In particular, I re-introduced myself to the lyrics from one of my favorite songs off of said soundtrack: 'Guaranteed'.  Mind you, I currently have too many creatures dependent on me to just drive off and disappear completely into the wilds of nature (and, happily, I have enough of the wilds of nature from fixing up the back yard) ... but, as has been proven, I do have no qualms about moving around across the country as life has dictated ... in part, because, in the selected words of the bard of the Pearl Jam:

Got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul
And so it goes

Don't come closer or I'll have to go
Owning me like gravity are places that pull

Consider me a satellite forever orbiting
I know all the rules but the rules did not know me

Guaranteed

ON BENDED KNEE IS NO WAY TO BE FREE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mA-Xn2Dx-s

No comments:

Post a Comment