October 8, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 10/8/15

On this, the completion of my fifth year of working from home (that anniversary either *just* happened ... or it *will* be happening in the weeks ahead, as my company first started completely transforming back in the fall of 2010), it strikes me that I get to have a Mister Rogers' moment at the end of the day.

Much like his traditional shoe and sweater change, the end of my work day involves signing out of the thirty some systems we use (don't ask ...) before closing down the work laptop ... and then opening up the personal laptop for some micro-blogging and Facebooking and such in some ceremonial passing-of-the-laptop scenario.

What I haven't yet figured out ... the song I should sing whilst performing the ritual ... asking people to be my neighbor when I work in a virtual environment and get spared from having to deal with many people outside of the e-world doesn't seem to be on point ... and the day is pretty much over for me to be spouting off about how I'd like to make the most of the beautiful day ahead.  Something will come to me ... I'm sure ...

DROPPING SOME MR. ROGERS KNOWLEDGE:
http://thefw.com/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-mister-rogers/

NOT SURE THAT WORKING FROM HOME IS RELATED TO MANLINESS:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/01/15/10-tips-for-successfully-working-from-home/

SO MANY GADGETS ... SO LITTLE TIME:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-fidalgo/when-is-it-one-gadget-too_b_4785173.html

No comments:

Post a Comment