September 29, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/29/15

It may be dangerous to post this photo whilst actually IN Nashville, but just so that I'm not run out of town, *this* pic is representative of my ongoing 'discarded cassettes' series, and I still have the Garth Brooks double live *CDs*.

As much as I considered featuring the oft covered Dylan classic 'To Make You Feel My Love' ... or the reworked for the rodeo Aerosmith tune of 'The Fever' ... or the special bonus third verse of the first song that introduced me to Mr. Brooks (aka Chris Gaines aka Mr. Yearwood) of 'Friends in Low Places' ... in the end, I turned to the end, and I have to give credit to the final track ... 'The Dance'.

Because there's not a better way to capture the true enlightenment that comes from looking back in hindsight at a life full of stories ... not all of which have happy endings ... but all of which are key to our development ... and all of which need to be appreciated for what they provided in the moment - moments to be forever remember and forever shared.

"I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance."

OUR LIVES ARE BETTER LEFT TO CHANCE:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bfm0s_garth-brooks-the-dance-live-on-jay-leno_music

No comments:

Post a Comment