September 25, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 9/25/15

The answer to last week's comment about the location of the featured beach shot?  If the Billy Joel clue didn't give it away, then know now that it was indeed the shore of Long Island.

Turns out I made a trip up there twenty years ago to see the kid in this photo -- there with the bed-head between the giant Darth Vader and the Nirvana poster (I did mention this was twenty years ago, right?), my little brother, both figuratively and literally (Alpha Psi Omega, yo) from my return to LVC after my theatre internship in Uniontown way back in the day.

Note ... in my 1995 photo album (the actual version, not the e-edition on the Facebook), these pictures are placed as if they happened in the summer, but I recently found documented in the archives that the trip was in January (the archive picture was actually my post earlier this month on 9.4.15) .  And, upon reflection, I can now vaguely remember the piles of snow in the Blockbuster parking lot where I met him after his work.  (Again ... mid-nineties, remember?)

Regardless, recollecting this visit is all the more on point to post now, because Gully and I have plans to reconnect after two decades when I find myself in his new hometown in the ATL this weekend.  We'll undoubtedly re-live old times at LVC and, if he asks nicely, we may or may not recreate the scene where I ?accidentally? threw him through the door of the quiet room in the chapel during one of our audience participation murder mysteries of that era.

No matter what the discussion (over a burger as part of my ongoing burger quest ... because I can multitask like a champ), seeing him again will be the perfect way to kick off a #Nashlanta2015 vacation full of seeing a bunch of people who are family to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment