August 25, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/25/15

Stoners ... do NOT come after me based on this image.

This is all about my occasional series called Discarded Cassettes (which I *still* hope is an eighties cover band playing somewhere in the country tonight), a name I've given to a series of posts about how I'm *finally* getting rid of cassettes for which I *also* have a matching CD in the collection.

And, in so doing, each (every other) week, I'm letting the fact that this is happening dictate the tune being chosen to feature from off the item being discarded.

Of course, that's proving to be quite the challenge for some cassettes that have a dozen and a half classic choices like this "best of" collection.

In the end, it's the tune I fell asleep to in Becca's dorm room at Moravian College back almost twenty years ago on the night that DJ "lost" his Porsche.  Which, of course, begs for that full tale to be told ... but you'll have to wait for a Flashback Friday in 2016 to catch that ... until then ... here's hoping that Jim and the boys' 'Riders on the Storm' lulls you to sleep as well (unless you're listening to this whilst driving on a road trip ... and then, STAY AWAKE please) ...

REALLY?  AN ACTOR OUT ON LOAN?  NEVER KNEW THOSE WERE THE WORDS!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DED812HKWyM

No comments:

Post a Comment