July 28, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 7/28/15

More discarded cassettes ... and yet again a disclaimer that the cassette I am discarding is not out of protest, but because I ALSO have the item as a CD (and I am finally ... slowly ... learning this thing called 'purge' that apprentice hoarders like me have such a hard time understanding).

And to be even more clear ... I've got nothing but love and respect for Don and the boys (or Glenn and the guys ... or Joe and the fellas ... or etc etc etc) ... and I've got the 6 CD box set of the studio albums 1972-1979 to listen to as I wish -- especially since I've never been to see them in concert (they actually just came to southern Florida earlier this month).  Of course, there may still be time, seeing as how hell has been freezing over for them for the last few years now, always on tour as they are.

Anyways ... all *that* is why I'm getting rid of *this* Hotel California tonight ... and why, true to the construct,  I have to select one of its tunes to feature.  Seeing as how I'm breaking up with the cassette, so to speak, it seems only fitting that I pick what just may be the BEST break-up song EVER (certainly if the criteria were find a song that is melancholy, introspective, adult, worldly and all-knowing) ...

'So you can get on with your search, baby ... and I can get on with mine ...'

LIVE FROM DAY TO DAY ... AND DREAM ABOUT TOMORROW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy32Rbovk1U

No comments:

Post a Comment