June 16, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/16/15

For just the eighth time since this whole thing started 2633 posts ago back in November 2009 (boy I've been doing this for awhile ...), I am celebrating a random tune on this Tuesday that fits into my oh so occasional series called "Country Music has the best ... lyrics ... ever". (One can click on that label on the right hand side listing on the blog to see the other seven selections IF one is so inclined.)

And almost as rare, I'm featuring a song that is brand new and just got released.  I heard it on last week's CMT country music awards ... and I'll be damned if it's not pretty catchy and definitely pretty clever, specifically in the climax of the chorus ...

Never grow up, never grow old
Just another rebel in the great wide open on the boulevard of broken dreams
And I learned everything I needed to know from John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16

A SONG ABOUT JOHNS (NOT THE PROSTITUTE KIND):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZsBXGjV2Y

No comments:

Post a Comment