June 28, 2015

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 6/28/15

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Like the rest of the internet connected country, it's recognizing that there is still a lot of hate in the world.

So it struck me ... maybe, if we can find the *one* thing that we *all* hate, we'd actually be unified behind an idea and it would replace all the angry social media goings-on.

The secret to that as a concept is all about finding the ONE thing about which we all could unite in our hatred.  I thought maybe "hipsters" would work (I don't ever see them getting the protected class status in hiring, housing or discrimination), but their facial hair is just too darn comical to stoke a serious hatred.

And then I thought maybe hatred of "sharks" could bring us together, but from my perspective, I find it too truthful to point out that THEY were in these waters long before we decided to dive in ... so ... you know ... they might be in the right when it comes to their recent activities.

My next suggestion was a personal one ... I've been anti-"swagger" since shortly after that phenomenon started (give me quiet confidence over flashy lack-of-substance any day of the week), but now that it's everywhere (including that recent commercial that implies those with recently cleansed lady parts will be obviously identifiable due to their swagger in their step [and I can only assume, seeing as how none of the women I see out and about walk with that swagger, that this particular area in this state has a high percentage of dirty female privates]), that is also an unlikely hatred-target because there is too much money wrapped up in it.

Then I thought I had found the obvious unifying category in "angry white men" (which also seemed super-topical in light of the ongoing election cycle), but now that SCOTUS-led progress has happened so quickly, their complaints switched just as quickly to being anachronistic ... and almost "precious" in their ignorance -- kind of like they'd all been Archie-Bunker-fied in that they now exist as a sign of what was, and what will never be again, but that they are relatively harmless in their old-worldliness ... and most certainly good for a laugh with their posts.

Finally, I stumbled on the obvious.  *Everybody* hates cancer!  (And that Kanye guy.  That was a "layup", as they say ... [Don't judge me ... any idiot who declares himself Jesus has to go into it knowing that he is courting some well deserved persecution.])  Now if we could all just focus all of these hate filled energies toward cancer (and Kanye), we'd be speaking in one unified voice and forget everything that makes us different ... and maybe those united efforts might even rid the world once and for all of them both!

Here's hoping (fingers crossed)!

NO ONE I KNOW WALKS LIKE THIS EREGO, DIRTY COOCHES EVERYWHERE!:
http://www.popisms.com/TelevisionCommercial/111005/Summers-Eve-Commercial-2015.aspx

PROFILING KANYE WEST HATERS:
http://radio.com/2015/03/20/what-hating-kanye-west-says-about-you/

YES ANGRY WHITE MEN, YOU (ME?) ARE ANACHRONISTIC:
http://www.nationinstitute.org/blog/nationbooks/3643/america's_angry_white_men/

No comments:

Post a Comment