June 12, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 6/12/15

The graduation celebration continues ... told in flashback style, of course, because this was twenty years ago, in the early early summer of 1995.

In the lower right hand corner, with her back turned away from the camera ... my "surrogate" grandmother Joann Dearth, who came in to central PA's LVC campus from her home in Uniontown PA (I had met her when I did my theatre internship there between 1991-1992 [an eighteen month interruption to my undergrad studies]).

Speaking of theatre, next to me on the left is the theatre advisor at that time, Dr. Scott, who also headed up the foreign language department, which made sense since this graduation was granting me degrees in Poli Sci and German (courtesy of all the credits I got toward such a degree when I did the semester abroad early on in my LVC career).

I have many photos from that day ... *this* is one that captures the joy of it quite candidly (although we may never know exactly what story I was telling at the time it was taken).

No comments:

Post a Comment