March 24, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/24/15

What I already knew ... "the" Darlene Love did some backup singing for "the" Cher during her musical comeback in the late eighties (which happened to coincide with my coming into my own).

What I didn't know until TONIGHT, when I went looking on the interwebs for track 36 of 39 in the review of the two cassette mixed tape from college that I'm now just a few weeks away from wrapping, is that the song Perfection was billed as a DUET ... with none other than "the" Bonnie Tyler!

Nothing quite like learning something new twenty years later about that which you are on record as having a healthy obsession regarding.  That also means track 24 and 36 were *both* Cher duets.  (In retrospect, I'm sure the mixmaster now regrets not putting some other Cher duet as track 12 ... oh well ... no going back to redo it now ... seeing as so few people have cassettes and all).

BEFORE ADOPTING THE SLACKER LIFESTYLE, THIS WAS MY THEME SONG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pWbvWRMow

No comments:

Post a Comment