March 10, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/10/15

Generally speaking, I'm not one that chooses favorites.  I'd much rather embrace that which is enjoyable and memorable about each and every unique experience.  So I'm not going to say that tune 34 of the 39 I've been featuring every Tuesday is necessarily my favorite from this two cassette collection from my college years.

But I will say that the whole damn dorm knew when any of us were in FE213, as we would quite often blast the first song of Billy Joel's KOHUEPT album, and sing (yell? chant?) in Gregorian monk style at the top of our lungs.

Of course, we didn't know the words ... but we could imitate the sounds phonetically ... and we could most certainly do our best to hold the longest "HO" note for as long and as loudly as we could.

ho-de-oh-ya-ho-de-oh-ya-ho-ho-doy-ee-ah-ho-doy-ee-ah-ho-doy-ah-ho-doy-ah-HOOOOOOO!

OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAgDeGyXzlQ&list=PLb7YSwrGOyBTsR0WA-0PnAbn5U985BC29&index=1





No comments:

Post a Comment