March 26, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 3/26/15

In a continuation of sorts from yesterday ... when I posted a photo of me as a two year old all dolled up in a Pepsi suit ... and when I mentioned that I found it somewhat odd considering that I choose only Coca-cola as an adult ... and then when I said that my bio-moms was likely the culprit as her drink of choice (at least back then) was room temperature Pepsi ...

It struck me that I should make it clear that my soda-orientation was not forced upon me, and that I was encouraged to explore all sides of that affiliation.

I know that because, shortly after running away from my home (at that time, it was my bio-dad and one of my step-mom's domicile), I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my sister Bonnie B had saved some of my childhood toys -- including these above -- items clearly from BOTH pop purveyors.

Not many things from my youth survived (ergo ... my status as an apprentice hoarder) ... but *these* did (courtesy of the secret stash that also included my baby blanket) and they are now part of my retirement plan (as in, I hope in thirty years they will be worth lots of money to some collector AND I hope I'll be able to part with them at that time).

THE COCA COLA ARCHIVES:
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/coca-cola/overview/stories

THE PEPSI ARCHIVES:
http://www.kovels.com/price-guide/pepsi-cola.html

VALUABLE TOYS (FROM THE NINETIES IT SEEMS):
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/sell-all-your-toys#.dtVmmAv55

No comments:

Post a Comment