January 9, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 1/9/15

This was my winter home twenty years ago in 1995.

Oops ... wait ... that should say "this was *near* my *occasional* winter home twenty years ago in 1995".

A select few might recognize the location as Linden Hall, a mansion in Perryopolis, which is near Uniontown, which is where I would visit my surrogate grandmother JoAnn on occasion and especially in the mid-nineties, seeing as how I had *just* lived there for a theatre internship in 1992-93.  As a matter of fact, my connection to this location was that the original version of my murder mystery group (The Game Players), which was founded after we broke off from my cousin's group (Maranatha), which is how I ended up in Uniontown in the first place and how I met my surrogate grandmother named JoAnn, performed 'Holly, Hemlock and Mistletoe' there back during the holidays of 1992.

It was (is?) a beautiful property, as seen here even in the throws of winter -- not that I remember what that's like or anything in 2015 now that I'm in Florida ... but they tell me that white stuff is called 'snow'.

No comments:

Post a Comment