December 31, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #3

From the Kap-files #3:

[ReKap:  In 3 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#3:  You know how yesterday, when I mentioned being most fulfilled at work when my creativity was allowed to run free?  Yeah -- plus also this made me feel the same way.

*This* is the newsletter for our division that I was allowed to publish every other week (our team was kind of like 'the Cloud', where all knowledge was stored ... hence the name).  It was truly a team effort to gather all the information (and to edit it ... because, for reasons I still don't understand, the feedback each and every issue was "maybe it could be a little shorter?") ... but the final cut got to be in my voice, and so, for 47 issues between 2011 and 2012 (yep, I've turned them into a binder as a keepsake to go into the archives), the entirety of my skill set converged into accomplishing this task.  Eventually, circumstances changed, rendering the concept outdated and so I shelved it, but for those two years, I was, as they say, "in my element".

No comments:

Post a Comment