September 28, 2014

Bonus Post: Fond Memory 3 (LHS Quadranscentennial Celebration Edition)

Fond Memory 3
on this, the Quadranscentennial Celebration of 
my Lebanon High School Graduation: 

12 more days!  What-what?!

Sure enough ... final plans were confirmed and there's a FB post on the official reunion page asking for folks to chime in as to whether they are planning to attend, so that organizers can start to get a rough count.

All of which makes my fond memory number three on point ... my years with Unified Math!  Quick background ... my high school allowed a certain subset of guinea pigs to "play" with the 'rithmetic side of the basic Rs with a series of classes throughout high school that took a *different* approach to educating (i.e.  more unified).  Unfortunately, the curriculum guides, as pictured below, didn't provide any better explanation (and yes, if you haven't learned yet throughout this countdown, I'm a bit of an "archivist" [a word I prefer instead of "hoarder"]).

After all, it's Math that allowed me to create an every-four-days posting schedule back when there were 100 days remaining ... although, admittedly, I didn't use things I learned in Unified Math like Z-clock arithmetic OR imaginary numbers, the latter of which I found explained in my notes from Mr. Yenser's class in 11th grade in the third photo.  [Well, they were "explained" as of the 88-89 school year.  I have absolutely no idea what any of it means at this time.]

Only two memories remain ... the next to be posted this Th on Oct 2!







No comments:

Post a Comment