August 30, 2014

Random Posting for Penn State 8/30/14

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  First off, after trying different formats over the last few years, I had so much fun with the randomness of last year's "9 Nittany Nuggets", that I'm going to repeat it this season.
2.)  Second off, as I said so many times last year to the guy who is now a senior and one of seven team captains ... ATTA BOY FICKEN!
3.)  What's with this getting up at 8:30 in the am to watch football?  I feel like I'm a west coaster all of a sudden.
4.)  I'll tell you I think I've only ever had alcohol before noon twice before (on company work trips to Mexico in back to back years in 07-08), but after the coverage today, I'd like me a breakfast Guinness.  (And I want to learn how to jig.)
5.)  I hope this doesn't end up sounding unintentionally racist (although, if I have to start with that, I'm probably in dangerous territory), but what *does* it say about me that I kept on thinking of Franklin from Peanuts every time the announcermen referred to the new coach as just "Franklin"?
6.)  Anyone else hoping that little boy they interviewed about American football would have said "apparently" in brogue every few words (if you haven't seen the recent viral video of the kid at the fair, then you will not understand this nugget one bit).
7.)  In honor of past coaches ... I will say I missed hearing that these guys were "a great bunch of kids" ... and I was saddened to see that names are still on jerseys ...
8.)  WE ARE .... PENN STATE!  But ... WE ARE ... also living in Florida now.  Where they *also* apparently play highly ranked college football.  I didn't have this problem so much back in Chicago (no offense intended, Northwestern, NIU and Illinois).
9.)  !Pitchfork break!

In closing, in the same format I did all last year, thanks to Bárðarbunga for not erupting and interfering with the game today ... and the countdown to our next post-season game that may or may not be as late as 2016 stands at no more than 35 more games (but may be a bit less)!

SEVEN IS A LUCKY NUMBER:
http://www.centredaily.com/2014/08/13/4303432/penn-state-football-nittany-lions.html

I GUESS I COULD TRAIN MYSELF TO THINK OF BEN INSTEAD OF PEANUTS:
http://cartoonician.com/crossing-the-color-line-in-black-and-white-franklin-in-peanuts/

BAROARBUNGA IS A PENN STATE FAN:
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/08/21/iceland-volcano-penn-state-football-opener/

No comments:

Post a Comment