July 8, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 7/8/14

Here's track 2 (of 39) of an actual mix tape set from my college years that I've decided to feature over the next few months of Tuesdays ... and it's a song where the mix tape master had to choose between the original or someone who covered the classic.

[For instance, the performer in the bonus link below probably came close to making the cut, all things considered ... and I found a version of it on the youtube of her singing it out in Monte Carlo in a performance I've not seen before going looking for a link tonight (although I did see her do this tune live on her Heart of Stone tour in the early nineties.]

The mix tape master went with the original, though, so I should do the same.  By the way, speaking solely for me, I was happy this song was included because of these lyrics:

And when you're looking for your freedom
(Nobody seems to care)
And you can't find the door
(Can't find it anywhere)
When there's nothing to believe in
Still you're coming back, you're running back
You're coming back for more

[To be clear, I did find a lot of people who cared who actually helped bring me to my freedom back in 1989 ... but this song still speaks to the years leading up to the big escape ... and regardless, it's a great tune to blast on your car cassette player (this is a twenty year old mix, remember?) when you're on long drives ...]

PUT ME ON A HIGHWAY AND SHOW ME A SIGN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HYiaYyfp8Q

BONUS ... THE CHER VERSION FROM MONTE CARLO (NOT HEART OF STONE TOUR):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gQrOJG2lU

No comments:

Post a Comment