July 31, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 7/31/14

I'm usually super late to the hip Facebook status update trends (I tend to use the Facebook for my own purposes).  But this time I think I'm participating in it in *the same month* it launched.  Although, having lived a bunch of places, I'm not sure to which location my allegiance is to lie ...  To whit:

I'm so BETHEL, I fell out of my family's Volkswagen Bus on the curve at the exit ramp getting on to I-78.

I'm so ELVERSON, I illegally snowmobiled on French Creek State Park property.

I'm so FREDERICKSBURG, I might have been conceived in a poultry processing plant.

I'm so JONESTOWN, I spent recess playing on gravestones.

I'm so LEBANON, I get pissed when I go into a Lebanese restaurant and they don't have scrapple, baloney or opera fudge on the menu.

I'm so LVC (Annville), my all-nighters regularly included sneaking into Memorial Lake, filling up at Funck's at 3 in the morning and exploring the Mary Green Underground.

I'm so KOLN, I have one of each of the Kolsch deckels.

I'm so UNIONTOWN, I jumped off the cliff into the old Dunbar watering hole in the summertime and took pictures of it frozen over in the wintertime.

I'm so HARRISBURG, I walked across the Market Street Bridge -- *all* the way to Wormleysburg, yo!

I'm so CHICAGO, I switched el cars at the next stop to avoid all of the following:  an odoriferous homeless person, young'uns who I thought might be packing heat, a fresh pile of urine or drunken sports fans.

I'm so FT. LAUDERDALE, I wear flip flops and go topless ... all ... year ... round!

NEVER HEARD OF THE OPERA FUDGE?:
http://www.wertzcandy.com/opera.asp

NEVER HEARD OF THE MEMORIAL LAKE?:
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/memoriallake/

NEVER HEARD OF THE KOLSCH?:
http://www.cologne.de/eat-and-drink/k%C3%B6lsch-beer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment