July 6, 2014

Bonus Post: Fond Memory 24 (LHS Quadranscentennial Celebration Edition)

Fond Memory 24 
on this, the Quadranscentennial Celebration of 
my Lebanon High School Graduation:

To catch you up in case you missed it, to count down the 100 days before my 25th High School Reunion this mid-October, I'm sharing 25 fond memories of my time spent at dear old LHS ... one every four days.  

[And to help you with the math, since today I'm at memory 24, that means there are 96 more days until the shindig.]

Today's memory ... the annual reading of the Shakespeare ... each year in English we had to get through at least one classic, including (presented in iambic pentameter for geek points):


Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and
Macbeth the rest of which I am unsure

This is *my* copy of Macbeth.  I don't recall how it remains in my possession (methinks the ancient book was finally retired the year our class read it), but I do remember that I thought it was a touch of kismet in that I looked at all those who read it before me (see below photo) and saw the name of one of my older sisters (who, in turn, is celebrating her 30th anniversary of her high school graduation this year [and to help you with the math again, that makes her 5 years older than I]).

More memories to follow ... #23 this Thursday, July 10th!

[My apologies in advance to Pam Good and Lois Parks.  I do not endorse the graffiti but remind the reader that this was high school after all ...]





No comments:

Post a Comment